Julian Dunkerton, co-founder of SuperGroup was named Entrepreneur of the Year at the prestigious PLC Awards 2013.
SuperGroup Chief Executive Officer and co-founder Julian Dunkerton was last night named Entrepreneur of the Year at the prestigious PLC Awards 2013. Julian has overseen the development and growth of the Superdry brand into a £1.3bn international business. Superdry clothing and accessories are now sold in stores in 44 countries and through 18 international and local language websites, employing more than 2,000 people.
Julian Dunkerton, commented:"It is a huge honour to receive this award and it means a great deal to me personally and to the whole team, without whom none of this would have been possible. When James Holder and I created the Superdry brand ten years ago we never dared to dream so high. But with James’s creative genius, which continues to take the quality and depth of our clothes to new heights, and the strength of the management team, the best is yet to come."
Julian has also won the following awards since 2010:
- CEO of the Year, UK Stock Market Awards 2011
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Retail UK 2010
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, London and South Regional Winner 2010
SuperGroup as a company has won the following awards:
- Store Manager Leadership Development Programme ‘Playing to Win’ won Silver for Best Training Partnership with our partner AndPartnership - Training Journal Awards 2015
- Emerging Retailer of the Year - Retail Week’s Awards 2010
- Young Fashion Brand of the Year - Drapers Awards 2008
- Superdry won the UK Fashion Export Award for 'Contemporary Urban' in 2009